Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Official 2010-2011 Curricula picks

The 2010-2011 school year is right around the corner.  We will begin on Monday, September 6th.  Yes that is Labor Day, but this gives Matt a chance to join in the actual homeschooling day, which he doesn't get to do often.  I have officially finalized my curricula choices for this year and think it's going to be a productive and fun year.


Although continuing to work on Annika's reading and Everett's writing will be a focus area, I'm also making a great effort to make sure we get Art in on a more regular basis.  I will also be adding Lucas in on a bigger level.  It's his Kindergarten year, so I want to make it lots of fun without being overwhelming to him.  He's a very bright boy and should fit into the mix without any issues.


Without further ado, here are the picks for this year.




For Everett




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For Annika




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For Lucas



I look forward to writing my "Week in Review" posts in the upcoming months.
I wish you all a wonderful fall.
 

6 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Great choices! We used Meet the Masters, IEW SWI, and Teaching Textbooks ourselves, so I know you're going to have a great time with those.

How funny you're starting ON the holiday, instead of the day after. That's another great reason to homeschooling . . . FREEDOM OF CHOICE!

Happy Learning!

MissMOE said...

Looks like a great line-up and the slide show is really impressive!

Daisy said...

Kel, it looks like you are going to have a great year. Your choices always look so interesting to me.

I can't wait to see what books your kiddos dive into this year.

Kel said...

Daisy,
Thanks, I always feel the same way about your choices. :)

Tonia said...

I agree - great choices! Love the idea of doing slideshows for curriculum. Looking forward to seeing how your new year goes.

Cara said...

I'm impressed by your post, good job!