Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review -- Sept. 6-10


We had a great week back.  Matt was able to be home with us for our first day and took pictures of me and the kids on the front porch.








This year we're putting history aside and working on geography alone in that area.  We are using pages from Home School in the Woods' Olde World US maps.  They pack a lot of information onto them.  We are also watching the History Channel series, The States, which the kids are really enjoying. 



Here are some slideshows of what the kids each did in their other subjects.  

Everett




Annika




Lucas




We will be making some small curriculum changes.  Annika will use Teaching Textbooks 3 for math and Everett will be using Soaring with Spelling and Vocabulary instead of Spelling Power. I hope you all enjoyed our week in review.  We had a lot of fun and are looking forward to next week.  

11 comments:

Karen said...

I love the slideshows as visual ways to show the week in review!

Kash said...

Those slideshows are really neat! Sounds like a good first week back. :)

Norah said...

I too loved the slide shows. So creative and a great week.

Lisa said...

Great slide show.

TechWife said...

What a great start to your school year! Wonderful that your husband was able to take pictures on the first day! I have to agree with everyone else, I do love the slide show!

Amy said...

I'm off to check out more info on The States series. DS loves geography so this will be right up his alley! :)

Tonia said...

Great slideshows! Very neat way to do your weekly reports!

Kel said...

Thanks for all the compliments on the slideshows. I always thought it added a nice touch. Now I know I'm not just a weirdo. LOL

MissMOE said...

Not a weirdo at all. The slideshows are great! Looks like a great week!

Tara K said...

Very neat! We are in our fall break right now. Since we started in July, we have three weeks off in September, and will be starting 2nd quarter Oct 5th. That States programs sounds like a great idea to add. Do you think it would translate well to middle school or even 9th grade as well? I don't want to add it this year, though I might a little. It sounds like a great program for next year though!

Kel said...

Tara,
The State sheets we're using from Homeschool in the woods and the DVD series "The States" from the History Channel would be great for the older crowd too. I have adapted the state sheets a little for my daughter who's not an independent reader just yet. I know the first time I watched the DVDs I learned quite a bit.