Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Polar Vortex take two

About a week ago we had gotten a few inches of snow from what has been referred to as "The Polar Vortex"  This week it was back and dropped close to 7 inches. We don't really get snow like this in Southeast Virginia, so even though the kids were out playing in the 2-3 inches we got last week, there was no way I was going to win a "you need to stay in and do school first"  School will get done, that I know, but there's no reason we can't take a snow day or two from time to time. 

So the kids basically worked on math most of the week, and there was a little science done for Lucas and Annika.  Everett is waiting for the last of his supplies to come in before he starts his new Electricity unit from TOPS.  I started working on Barton Reading and Spelling level 4 with Annika, and she did really well.  Then they played in the snow, well actually Lucas played in the snow the most.  Everett was out for a while, and Annika chose to stay in and work on some crafting projects. 

After taking her out on Monday to replace the yarn I had accidentally donated to charity because I misunderstood her, she found a book with patterns for cute little crocheted critters and made 2 lions and a polar bear. She did an awesome job, and plans to eventually list them for sale in my new Etsy shop, Nuclear Needle Arts.  I worked on some prepping of 3 new interchangeable knitting needle cases I plan to list by Monday.  I also have a few ideas in my head for a crochet hook case and a case for straight knitting needles.



I mentioned before that Lucas was playing and playing in the snow, despite only have rubber rain boots to use for most because that's all we could find in the stores, he had so much fun.  He learned to "Snow board", which in our neighborhood means standing on a sled you borrow from a friend and try to ride it down the 2.5 ft hill across the street in the bank of trees over there.  The best part of all of this for me was that he came in with the most amazing hat hair I've ever seen. This is what was awaiting me when I pulled off his fleece hat.  Is it not the coolest hat hair EVER!  




It was a fun week packed with fun play time in the snow and crafting.  Now I think we'll take some time to just relax over the weekend.  Festis has the right idea.  Even if you have to lay on your owner's laptop, it's time for a nap.


 photo kelsblogsiggy_zps5d792189.png

No comments: