Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lizards, Algebra, and Baseball. Oh My!

So you say I'm a girl,  "Ok, got some bugs?"
This week was just as crazy as most around here.  We started out with a great day on Monday as you could see in our Picasso Monday post.  Tuesday had Annika and I running out to our favorite local Pet Store to pick up more bugs for Spock to eat.  We also took Spock with us so that the reptile experts could finally tell us if he was actually a he.  Well low and behold It's a GIRL!  Yep, Spock is a GIRL Dragon!  Annika was perfectly fine with that and simply replied with, "Well at least I didn't name her Sheldon."  Spock seems to be taking the news well. 

Wednesday brought some crazy snow/rain ugliness, and I creeped my way to a prospective managers meeting for Little League.  The meeting went really well, and we left that night only in need of a handful of coaches for the T-ball division and one for the minors division.  



Thursday was a typical day with school work followed with swim team practice for Annika.  Ev has recently started Hands On Equations for math because I felt it would be best for him to do this before moving forward in his current math program.  The manipulatives in this program are really helping him "see" the math in algebra.  I just wish I would have thought to bring it out sooner, considering I bought it a year ago.

Friday was a quick day to wrap up the lessons and Matt got home early so we headed out for a Valentine's day lunch and some grocery shopping.  Yes, I know, aren't we just the romantic couple.  

Saturday I helped out at another Walk In registration for Little league, which was ok, but I think the weather kept some people at home.  Hopefully the last on this coming Friday will be better. 

So as you have read, another pretty busy week for us here at the collective, but busy is better than bored.

 photo kelsblogsiggy_zps5d792189.png

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To quote a particular movie...
"A girl dragon... Oh, sure, I mean of COURSE you're a girl dragon! You're just reeking of feminine beauty and..." Donkey, "Shrek".