Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Week in Review Feb 25-28

Well as many of you noticed I didn't post a week in review last week. That's because we did no schooling last week. We spent the whole week having fun with Mamo and Papa (my parents) it was a blast. The kids had so much fun. Lucas decided he was Papa's best friend and he and my dad watched "Ratatouille" about 4 times a day. My mom and dad both enjoyed themselves and we can't wait for the next time they can come visit.

This week we had a few days of school but we also ended up with some lengthy dentist visits as well. Also since Matt leaves for some at sea time on Saturday we have been trying to spend as much time together as a family before he goes. The kids PE class ends next week and we'll be hitting the books pretty hard the next couple weeks while Matt is gone so I'm not worried about where we stand.

We also spent some time this week enjoying all the boxes of school books that have been coming in for next year. I also bought the kids some new desks since they have outgrown the table we had. It was a preschool table and could grow heightwise but my kids are like me and like to spread out their work all around them so they really need their own desks. I found some "computer" desks at Walmart that actually were practical for a school desk. The keybord tray can be used to keep their weekly binders and anything else they that may be a "work in progress" then it has 3 drawers down the side. The bottom one is acutally file sized and that's where they have decided to keep their small whiteboards and timeline books. The middle drawer is for any workbooks they choose not to keep in the "Subject boxes" on the cubbies and the top one holds all their supplies such as pencils, markers, erasers, ruler, etc. They both really like them and they fit nicely into the room. I have new pictures of the room in the slideshow.

Have a great week every one. I'll post pictures of the books for next year in a bit.

Kel

1 comment:

my5wolfcubs said...

The desks sound really nice! My girls have desks from IKEA but they are drawer-less, yours sound much better for storage of supplies!
Glad you had a good visit w/ your parents & that the dentist visits are behind you!
Lee