Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The New Curriculum for 08-09 is Here!

Well here's the low down on what we'll be using for next year.
Everett will be 9 years old and in 4th grade. Annika will be 6.5 years old and in 2nd grade. Lucas will be 3 years old and in "tagging along as he's sees fit" grade.

Here's the curriculum
LANGUAGE ARTS
Annika's
(Evan Moor Daily Handwriting Contemporary Cursive, Growing with Grammar 1/2, Spelling Workout B)


Everett's
(Growing with Grammar 4, Spelling Workout D, Evan Moor Paragraph Writing {not shown})


MATH

Annika's on the left, Everett's on the right
(Saxon math 2 & Teaching Textbooks Math 5)
\

Geography
(Don't know much about the 50 States, Trail Guide to US Geography, Red, White Blue and Uncle Who?)


History (This is the curriculum I made up myself)
Spines: DK Children's Encyclopedia of American History, History Pockets Native Americans, History Pockets Explorer's of North America, History Pockets Life in Plymouth Colony {not shown}

History Readers/Read Alouds
If you lived with the Iroquois, Sioux, Hopi, Indians tribes of the Northwest, in colonial times
If you sailed on the Mayflower in 1620
Step Into Reading Christopher Columbus, Pocahontas, The First Thanksgiving
The Skippack School, Tooga: A Polar Bears Story, Pedro's Journal, Ben and Me, Sarah Witcher's Story, The Courage of Sarah Noble, A Lion to Guard Us, The Matchlock Gun, The Corn Grows Ripe, Pocahontas and the Strangers, Secret of the Andes, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, The Birchbark House, Meet Kaya, Squato: Friend of the Pilgrams, The Sign of the Beaver

Science
R.E.A.L. Science Life Science level 1, Butterfly Garden, Quick Pix Animals


Just for Fun Read Alouds

Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes, How to Eat Fried Worms, Frindle, The Mouse and the Motorcycle, The Secret School, Freckle Juice, A Wrinkle in Time, The Twenty-One Balloons, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Socks, Bunnicula, Emily's Runaway Imagination, The Toothpaste Millionaire, McBroom's Wonderful One Acre Farm, Strawberry Girl, The Door in the Wall, The Backward Bird Dog

That's all she wrote folks.

Kel

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks really good, Kel, especially that Birchbark House book ;-) lol!

And thanks for the reading ideas for K. We already have some of the books but others are new to me.

BTW, still jealous 'cause I haven't ordered my curriculum yet!

((hugs))

~Heidi/CoffeeHeidi

Lisa~ said...

Great picks! It must have felt like Christmas hu?

I’m so sad... I don’t really get to have all that excitement this year. I pretty much own everything already.... darn it! lol

I take that back... I will get our TOG books, health for Ry and Spanish for Ry....

but nothing like your treasures!! *Ü* I’m green w/ envy!

my5wolfcubs said...

I'm envious too -- I'm still deciding about next year (which is part fun & part frustrating) and still have weeks to go w/ this year. :)
Lee

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Very nice blog, btw!
All the best!
Stacy :-)

Anonymous said...

I love all these pictures. I like the slide show of your schoolroom. It's wonderful. I like that plum-ish color you chose too. It's something different, and not dreary.

Anonymous said...

That looks great esp your history curriculum. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Kel, how are you and the kids liking Evan-Moor Science Works, Geology? I was looking through them tonight online and thought maybe the b/w pictures would get boring.

Sorry for asking via comments but I'm in the middle of writing you a lengthy email as I pour over the EM catalog and website.

~Heidi

Anonymous said...

Sorry Kel, one more question. What is the Daily Geography book like? Again, no online samples.

Answer via email if you'd like and feel free to delete my comments/questions here.

Thanks :-)

~Heidi

Tonia said...

Looks like Christmas! I love new (or new to me) books - my daughter loves the days when a box arrives in the mail!

Tina in WA said...

Oh I love when new curriculum arrives! What wonderful things you picked out.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great!