Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

What we've been up to this February

I'm so bad at keeping this blog up.  I need to recommit myself yet again.  It's been a long time since my last post, not a lot of exciting stuff happened.  In February the kids and I pretty much just did school, you can't say a lot of exciting things about grammar and Algebra, so just know we routinely did the daily work one would expect of a  3rd, 7th, and 9th grader.  


The older two kids have continued with archery and absolutely love it.  They have both purchased their own bows and just as they are like night and day personality wise, so are they in bow choice.  




Everett chose a recurve style bow and Annika chose a compound bow. They have both improved with each trip to the range, and have loads of fun while they are there.  We recently purchased some targets they can use at home, now I just have to build a stand to hang them on.  





I've been busy working on items for my Etsy shop (Nuclear Needle Arts) which includes a lot of knitting needle cases.  I also started working on more 18" doll clothes for dolls such as American Girl™.  I was able to sell my old sewing machine which was frustrating me more than one can stand, and purchase a nice new Janome machine which I love.  Annika was super happy that I was also able to take a day one weekend to teach her how to sew from a pattern.  She made herself a pair of pajama pants.  


Lastly, I was able to take a trip back to WI the last weekend of February to spend some time with my brother and mom.  We had a blast.  We went bowling, hung out, and had some great food from some local places. 
Here's hoping that March will be a good productive month!


 photo kelsblogsiggy_zps5d792189.png

No comments: