Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week 1, we survived

It's done, it's over, we all survived.   We had the good, the bad, and the "Oops, let's change that"

The Good
The kids got up at a reasonable hour
There was no complaining
We managed to be done by 1530 each day
The new school room layout seems to be working really well
We got a new computer for the school room
Everett really enjoyed the science project he picked to do
Lucas is a full on, no more phonics lessons, reader
Annika has become very independent in her school work
Annika loves her science program

The Bad
Everett's not sure he wants to take Latin as his foreign language
Annika didn't like the first book assigned to her for history reading
Lucas hated the new math book I picked

The "Oops, let's change that"
The math I picked for all of them, didn't seem like it would work so I had to order new stuff
The history program uses the World book Encyclopedia which is DRY, DRY, DRY, we got some new books on the way to replace it. 

Over all I'm happy with how this week went.  This post was short and to the point, because I had already posted all the pictures in the First day of School post. Next week I'm planning to add in art and foreign language, guess we'll have to see if I'm successful with that plan. 

 photo kelsblogsiggy_zps5d792189.png

1 comment:

:)De said...

Oh my goodness, they have grown so much. Good to see your 1st update of the year.

Peace,
:)De