Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Weekly Review -- March 7-11, 2011

This week started out well, but then Lucas got a 24 hour stomach bug Wednesday night and was not feeling well for the rest of the week.  We also got some bad news on Friday, when I found out my dad has cancer.  It was a really rough day, because we won't know much until he sees the oncologist next week.   I don't really have it in me to do a fun review like usual, but wanted to post something for those that follow my blog.

Everett...
completed the last 4 steps in All About Spelling level 2. Next week we'll move on to Level 3 Saxon math 7/6 lessons 20-22 and Test 3 were completed. Although Saxon is a good program, he really misses Teaching Textbooks and was doing well with it.  Once again the "grass is greener" syndrome hit us and we've come to our senses.  We'll be going back to TT when it arrives next week. Penmanship with Handwriting without Tears Cursive is continuing to go really well. We may end up just winging penmanship with things I make up for them since they have the basic letter formation down.  First Language Lessons level 3 is still going well, he completed lessons 6-8.  We did no Writing with Ease this week and he's asked if he can do his narrations from our history lessons, which is a step in the write direction as far as I'm concerned, so we'll be doing that soon.  

Annika...
completed pages 11-16 in Explode the Code Book 4.  She finished steps 15 and 16 in All About Spelling level 1.  Saxon Math 3 lessons 32-34 were completed. She will also move to Teaching Textbooks next week.  We worked through lessons 7-10 in First Language Lessons level 1. She will also start doing history narrations and has asked to use Draw Write Now for her copywork, which should be fun.


Lucas...
finished pages 55-59 in his Get Ready for the Code book. He completed lessons 17 and 18 in Saxon Math K.  As I said above he then got a stomach bug, but seems to be on the mend.

Science and History
We completed chapter 9 in SOTW and did the Persian puzzle map which was fun.  This week in History the kids learned about Group 13, we made slime with borax and glue and the kids will complete their Group 13 page in their element books with Matt this weekend.

  
We received our All About Reading package and will be starting that for Lucas in the next week or two.  We've also decided to switch to an American History focus and will be starting Sonlight Core 3 next week.

6 comments:

G said...

Kel, I'm so sorry about your dad, and I hope they caught it early on.

I'm looking into Teaching Textbooks for Cyrus for fall, depending on how this spring goes. Maybe it would work for my dd too. Anyhow, I hope your next week is a good one.

Karen said...

Big hugs Kel!

Robyn said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully he will receive some encouraging news next week. For having someone sick in the house you all got a lot accomplished!

Unknown said...

Glad to read how well the kids are doing with school. Be proud for being a great teacher Kelly.
Love to all
Aunt Cheryl

MOM #1 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father, my goodness, I'm sure that was quite a blow. Between that and the flu bug, I don't know how you got anything done. I'll be sending lots of positive energy your way. I hope all goes well.

I looked at Annika's artwork on the last post, it's really good. I love children's creativity. There's simply nothing like it.

Take care and keep us posted.

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

You got so much done despite your week. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad! And your ill kiddo- double whammy. I hope this week-end is restful for your family and a time to re-group! HUGS!!

P.S. I LOVE the slide show of your classroom on your side-bar