Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our School Room Make Over is Complete

Hi All,
I know I've posted many school room revamps in the past, but this was by far the biggest change.  We were not quite pleased with the eggplant purple color that the landlord left that room.  We had lived with it for 2 years, but decided it was time to brighten the school room up.  The kids and I decided on keeping the two color paint scheme with the white chair rail in between, and thought Peacock blue and Ocean Water blue were the best shades for our room.  I was then able to move some furniture take a large desk out and use the public school type desks the kids were using into their computer centers.  The kids asked to school at a single, large table instead of separate desks and I was able to find a farmhouse table and chairs at a local consignment shop for a great price.  The table was in good shape, just needed a light sanding and refinishing and the chairs were in perfect condition, just needed new felt pads on the feet to keep from scratching the wood floor.   I still have a lot of open wall to hang our maps and stuff on, but we decided to wait a little and we'll hang things as we need them.  We want to savor the color before covering too much of it up.  One of the best parts was by changing out the desks and putting in the table we now have a lot more room to walk in the room and we were able to clear stuff away from the windows, which will let in a lot more natural light.  It will also allow the cat a better place to sit, because since he couldn't get to the windows before he used to sit on someone's desk.  It's not easy to do your seat work with a cat laying across you papers.


I hope you all enjoy the pictures.


9 comments:

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! You did an awesome job! Thanks for posting pictures = )

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Love the color!

wdworkman said...

It looks absolutely wonderful! If I had a school room like that, I would never be in any other part of the house.

Janet W
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/

Chris said...

Awesome! I *really* *love* your color choices. :o)

--Chris

Mel said...

It's soooo nice!

G said...

It's lovely! I like the blue very much - it looks fresh... wish some days that I had a schoolroom! My kids like schooling at one big table too.

Homeschooling6 said...

Look really nice. So clean and orderly ;)

Mary said...

I love your school room - so bright and appealing!

Cyn said...

Fabulous makeover! The colour is spectacular.