Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Week off for us at Fawkes Academy

Well I'll try this again, because I typed something up and it seems that it wasn't saved.

We had the week off here and I have done some thinking on what to do for the rest of the year. We will considere history finished and pick up next year with the discovery of America and the rest of Early Modern times. Science will wrap up in the next week or two depending on our painted lady caterpillars. Once they hatch into butterflies we'll wrap up science for the year. We'll then focus on Language Arts and Math for the last 10 weeks of our year. I've decided to shorten the year because the kids have worked on weekends for the past couple of months so they deserve a shortened year. This means we'll finish up the middle of June. During these last 10 weeks we'll continue math, but will focus on reading for Annika and on writing for Everett. They'll be taking their Iowa Test of Basic Skills in mid April and I'm sure they are more than ready for them.
We're also looking forward to a visit from my mom in May, during which we'll take a 3 day trip to Washinton D.C. and then my mom and dad will be back in June and we'll spend some time at the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg. Matt's mom and dad will also be coming out in June and although we don't have any specific attractions we'll be seeing I'm sure it will be a nice visit.

That's all she wrote this time around (after all I tried this once already today.) Come back next week for the Review of week 22.

1 comment:

Robin M said...

Sounds great Kel. We are in the middle of so many different things I don't know when we will be done. :) Have a great week.