Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The curriculum that has made my daughter a happy girl once again

As many of you that follow my blog and know me are aware, Annika has been struggling with learning to read for about a year now. She has known all of her letters and sounds for quite a while but putting them together to read has been extremely difficult for her. After trying many other programs that all brought her to tears we decided to try one more thing. Since she was having such success with Christian Light Education's math program I decided to get their Learn to Read program as a last ditch attempt to help her. It has changed so much for her. She now looks forward to phonics time and after only 2 weeks with the program she's already reading phrases like "as many as" and "the brown bat." She is beaming with confidence and can't wait to get to the next lesson. The program uses both a phonics and sight word approach and the teacher's manual tells me just what to do to use the program to get the most benefit out of it. I couldn't be happier with it and am so greatful to have found something that clicks with her.


No comments: