Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

I got a new "toy"!! My new Bosch Kitchen Center

Well as many may know I'm determined to stop buying store bought bread and start making my own at home. My kitchenaid just wasn't up to the task so I used the Christmas money my inlaws gave me to buy myself a new kitchen center. It arrived yesterday and I had my first 2 attempts at making bread today.

Here I am shaping the loaves before putting them in the pan

The first attempt went well, the mixer did just as promised. It mixed and kneaded enough dough for 4 loaves of bread (I didn't think we needed to make the 6 2lb loaves the machine is capable of) without much effort at all. I got it all shaped and put in the pans it was rising like nobody's buisness when I realized I forgot to add the salt. Well because of that it turned into godzilla bread, with no taste. Here's the pictures of the godzilla bread


That's the new Bosch Kitchen ceter behind the loaves. We tried the blender attachment last night and made the smoothest, creamiest milkshakes ever!
The loaves just wouldn't stop growing!


So when that was not edible we tried again and this was the final result and slightly sweet (we used honey instead of sugar) wonderfully light bread.


8 comments:

Grace: gift of God to humankind; the infinite love, mercy, favor, and goodwill shown to humankind by God said...

Hi Kel,
Thanks for the salt/rising tip! I end up with godzilla loaves too often and didn't realize it was because of too little salt. Also, I only use sea salt, so may try regular salt and see if that makes a difference.
Grace4all from hsr

Paula said...

Wow, that bread just looks awesome. My mom used to make homemade bread, I love that smell.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I want one! We spent a lot on bread every month with a family of 7. Where did you purchase it? I would love it. I have a b-day coming up. Maybe I could drop dh a hint. ;)

hsmomof5 from HSR

MOM #1 said...

That bread looks delicious! It looks like you are making good use of your new gift. I'm not much of a baker, I'm so jealous!

rsmomintx of HSReviews

Rhonda said...

I have never heard of one of these. I've used my Kitchen Aid mixer to make bread, but this looks so much better.

The godzilla bread was pretty funny. :)

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Oooh Kel those look so good I can almost smell them!!!

I love the new layout for your blog, too!

Michelle ( foxvalleyfamily)

Anonymous said...

Wow - those loaves! Do you have your recipe on your site? I keep trying with bread, and it never looks like that!

Kel said...

I'll post the recipe on the sidebar.