Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hello my name is Kel and I'm a paper snob. Oh and some AAS student pages I made up.

Yes, my kids can and will write on notebook or loose leaf paper, but only if they have no other option.  Why?  In all honesty, because their mother is a Paper Snob.  There I admitted it.  I'm a Paper Snob.  What's a Paper Snob?  It's someone that refuses to use anything less than 28lb, 98 brightness paper in her color laser printer.  I hate the way plain old 20lb paper is see through.  I like to print front and back when at all possible and don't want to see the backside of the paper showing through.  

Now that I got my confession out there, on to the important part of the post, the All About Spelling Student pages I created. 

I thought if I made some pages the kids would stop sniping at me about the unbearably thin 16lb loose leaf or notebook paper they've been forced to use so far this year. 

I made a page for level 1 or 2 work (in the beginning or level 1 you won't need the phrases or sentences part, but you can just print the front), one for levels 3 and up (I've only used up to 3, so I hope the set up for 4-7 will still work), as well as one for when we do mastered review.


I'll explain what's on them...




1. 5 random words or 10 random words (this is where we would write words from our review section of the word cards) we do 5 a day at levels 1 & 2 and 10 a day for level 3. I always shuffle our cards before taking out the first 5 or 10. We do this 3 days out of the week, which is usually how long it takes us to get through all but the sentences of the steps.


2. Spell on Paper, this is pretty self explanatory. It's where they would write the 10 words from that step from the spell on paper section.


3. More Words, for those that like to use them. I put a place with lines to write 10 of those words.


4. Phrases and Sentences,again pretty self explanatory. It's where they would write the phrases and/or sentences for that step. 


5. Writing Station, this section starts half way through level 3.


Mastered Review page is for when we have a mastered review come up in the levels. It has check boxes for the phonogram and key cards and then a place to write 15 phonograms from sound cards and 25 words from the word card sections.  When I do a mastered review we don't do all the cards or they'd take us forever.


I know not everyone will do AAS the way we do, but I thought I'd put them out there for anyone that may be interested.


Here is a link to them in Google Docs
Level 1 and 2 pages


Level 3 and up pages


Mastered Review page


I hope a little bit of my time this afternoon will help out a few others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this helps. Thanks for posting these up.