Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Weekly Report -- January 16-20, 2012

This week there isn't much to report.  We were hoping it would be a great new week and we'd add in a few subjects, well then I got a phone call from my mom and brother.
My dad got pretty sick after he returned home from his trip out here to see us and after they admitted him to the hospital and tried to get his nausea under control, they found out that his cancer has returned and spread.  Most people that have what he has are given 9-12 months, so we're going to hope that he is one of those strange medical cases, but will also do as much as we can to enjoy every day he's with us. 
We tried really hard to do some school work, but only got a math lesson and a spelling lesson done for Everett and Annika. Lucas managed a math and half of a phonics lesson.  
I think the shock is finally fading and we'll be able to get back to a more normal schedule next week.


6 comments:

Monica said...

I'm so sorry, Kel. :(

Daisy said...

((hugs)) I'm sorry for your bad news. That is so hard. I'm glad your dad was able to visit with you all.

I'll keep him in my prayers.

Homeschooling6 said...

I'm sorry about our dad.

Mrs. W said...

Sending your family hugs & prayers.

Kristie said...

I'm so sorry about you're dad. It's good that you have some time to spend with him though. My dad passed away on Dec. 1 (just last month) without warning. He had a heart attack. It's so good that you are planning to enjoy every moment you get with him. Take lots of pics and charish those moments. In the meantime, I'll be praying for you all.

MOM #1 said...

I'm so sorry about your Dad. I saw your post at WTM. I hope he defies medical odds and has many more years ahead of him. Today is the day to start journaling, photographing, and making extra special memories.