Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Weekly Review -- March 28 - April 1, 2011

This week was supposed to be our great week to get back into the groove, and then Everett woke up with a head cold on Tuesday and I ended up spending a lot of time at the gastroenterologist on Wednesday.  I also had to go for at test on Friday and have more tests next Monday and Tuesday.  So needless to say it was a week of not much getting done and next week won't be much better. 

Everett...
completed lesson 2.4 in Growing with Grammar 6.  He wrote his first paragraph rough draft on his Paul Bunyan story.  He completed Step 2 in AAS level 3, and completed lessons 6-8 in Teaching Textbooks 7.

Annika...
completed lessons 76-79 in McRuffy phonics and reading 1.  She read the reader If a Skunk Gets Scared.  She completed lesson 20 and part of 21 in All About Spelling Level 1. She also completed lessons 6-7 and quiz 1 in Teaching Textbooks 4.  She really loves TT and I'm happy that she's doing really well with it.


Lucas...
completed lesson 4 in All About Reading Pre-1 level, and continues to love it.  He also completed lessons 1-4 in McRuffy color math K.  He's doing really well with his work and I'm amazed at how much he's started to enjoy sitting in on our history lessons.

Science and History
There was no science this week but we got week 2 of Sonlight Core 3 done.  The kids are having fun with this new approach to history and the stories are pretty good.  We have about a week's worth of reading left in Walk the World's Rim and finished up The Corn Grows Ripe. Everett also finished reading A Lion to Guard Us to his sister and brother, and I began reading Pedro's Journal.   I went to a Sonlight meeting at a local homeschool book store on Thursday night and it made me even more confident in my choice to switch.  I was also able to take a good long look at Science E and think that may be fun for next year if Real Science Odyssey doesn't get Physics 1 out by the time I need it. 


Now we just have to get through a rough week next week and then we should be able to get back on the right track.  

6 comments:

Karen said...

I hope your medical tests produce clear results!

Laurie said...

TY for your kind post on my blog!

Have you always used SL? It looks from your post that maybe it is new? We started with SL this year (Core 1+2) and love it! I hope you will, also!

Kel said...

Karen: Thank you, I can't wait for them to be done.

Laurie: Your Welcome, that was some week you had. We are new to SL, I attempted Core 1 when my oldest two kids were in 2nd and K, but it was just too much for them and the little guy was only about 6 months old. We are really loving core 3(or I guess it's D now).

Karen said...

It looks like you got a lot accomplished even with challenges. Good luck with next week.

MissMOE said...

We used that SL Core and quite enjoyed it. Hope all of your medical test go well next week and everyone feels good.

MOM #1 said...

Well 99% of the reason I homeschooled was due to Baby Boy's doctor's appointments. It's so great to be able to be flexible.

I hope all your tests come out clean as a whistle. Good Luck!