Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Review -- Dec. 13-17

This week was a hodge-podge week.  We had a few appointments to deal with and the boys both seem to have caught some sort of cold.  We did what we could when we got around to it, because of that, I have not included any slideshows.  There wasn't much to see.   

Everett...
completed lesson 1.7 in Growing with Grammar 6,  which I thought he'd done last week.  He's also played lots of math games with Lucas.  He is very congested and has a pretty ugly cough and runny nose, so I haven't asked much of him school wise.  We did receive our Soaring with Spelling and Vocabulary level 3 book and hope to start that next week.

Annika...
read chapters 3 and 4 in Magic Tree House Book #1: Dinosaurs Before Dark and is doing pretty well with it.  She was very excited to see her CLE Math 2 items arrive and has done pretests 1 and 2 from workbook 201.  She is so excited about this change in curriculum and even enjoyed the flashcard work. 

Science and History for Everett and Annika
was simply watching episodes of Mythbusters this week, through our Wii with their netflix instant streaming channel.  All the episodes the kids picked had a little history as well as science. 

Lucas...
played lots of educational games with his older siblings and drew lots of pictures for me. 


All in all, it was a pretty unproductive week, but at least we got a little bit done.  Hopefully next week will be more productive.

5 comments:

Faith said...

Hope everybody recovered soon. I love Mythbusters!

Robin Johnson said...

I hope everyone recovers over the weekend and is healthy through the holidays.

Robyn said...

We all have weeks like this! My 10 y/o loves Mythbusters! I should work some in to school time...

TechWife said...

We have the ickies here, too! I hope you are all feeling better soon!

Tara K said...

We love mythbusters too ! I know there have been a science lab or two this year that Seth and I've just talked about what they did on Mythbusters :) Mythbusters is a regular in our family tv line-up :)