Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Review -- Oct.18-22

This week has been fun.  We managed to accomplish a lot, had some curriculum changes that we started.  I'm thinking of changing our schedule starting next week but we'll see how I feel after thinking about it over the weekend.


Everett...
completed lessons 73-76 in Teaching Textbooks 6, and would like to go on record as saying that "Decimals are much easier than fractions."  He also completed the pronoun unit in Junior Analytical Grammar and did well, but said "Pronouns are tough."  He completed steps 5-7 in All About Spelling level 2.  We also started Institute for Excellence in Writings Student Writing Intensive A again and completed a keyword outline, rough draft and final draft on Andrew Jackson.  He also did a few handwriting pages in Can Do Cursive.  




Annika...
Finished up lessons 53-56 in McRuffy LA 1, Super Pork Makes Friends is her favorite of the readers so far. We started into Saxon Math 3 and although it's easy, I won't have her "test out" of any lessons.  She did lessons 1-3 and is enjoying it.   All About Spelling Level 1 has been shelved because there is spelling built into her McRuffy lessons. She also did a few pages in Handwriting without Tears Cursive. She has recently asked if she can write in cursive on some of her pages other than the HWOT book.  This is definitely a move in the right direction.




Science and History for Everett and Annika
They listened to chapter 4 of Story of the World vol. 3 about Champlain and Hudson and the quest for the Northwest Passage.  They did some mapwork and colored a picture of Champlain's journey.   Science was fantastic again this week.  We used our microscope a lot this week looking at sugar crystals and various types of paper.  NOEO Biology 2 is working out really well so far, and the kids look forward to it daily. I posted pictures of the history and science pages in their slide shows above.


Lucas...
did the first 6 pages in his Rod and Staff ABC series Book D, he's really enjoying the variety in the pages.  I also started Saxon Math K with him and he is loving it.  He also did 4 pages in Handwriting without Tears Letters and Numbers for Me.  There are not as many pictures for him because I didn't scan in his R&S workbook, maybe I'll do that next week.




No art was done this week, but we plan on carving pumpkins tomorrow.

5 comments:

Homeschooling6 said...

Your dd has great handwriting!!! My kiddos have so much trouble in this department.I think mainly because I keep sweitching programs. Poor kids!

Kel said...

Thanks for the compliments on dd's handwriting. I think it's because she is so artistic, to her penmanship is like drawing a picture.

Mandy in TN said...

You may be onto something about artistic people. My brother, though male and a lefty, has beautiful handwriting.

I really enjoy the slide shows. Hope y'all have fun carving your pumpkins!

Bright Sky Mom said...

Decimals are easier then fractions for me too...because I can use a calculator! :)
Hope the pumpkin carving is great fun!
Lee
PS I might have said this before but, I love the color of your homeschool room! :)

Kel said...

Bright Sky Mom, thanks so much. We love the color. When we moved in here it was eggplant purple. It's so much nicer learning in their now that we changed it.