Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Final 2009-2010 Curriculum Choices

This years decissions have been a real roller coaster ride. There are lots of great things out there, but I had to try to figure out what would be the best for us all.

Here's the final selctions.

Everett 5th grade
Language arts: Junior Analytical Grammar, IEW All things fun and facinating, Phonetic Zoo, Penmanship pages I made myself using Startwrite based on the Draw Write Now books.
Math: Teaching Textbooks (finish 5 move on to 6) with MUS for extra fact practice.


Annika 2nd grade
Language arts: Finish McRuffy Language Arts 1 move on to 2, Apples and Pears Spelling, and penmanship pages I made myself using Startwrite based on the Draw Write Now books.
Math: McRuffy math 1 and with MUS for extra fact practice. Move on to McRuffy math 2 with MUS as a supplement for math facts as needed.

For Both Everett and Annika
History Finish History Odyssey Early Modern Times (we only got through about 1/3rd of this last year, but took our time and followed lots of rabbit trails)
Science Sonlight Science 2 (this is the one that didn't change)

Art and music will be Artistic Pursuits and Pianamals. I have really been thinking about if I want to throw Latin in there, but he more I think about it the more I don't really think Latin is for us. We'll probably do some of The Complete Book of Spanish for fun.

Lucas Pre-K
We'll be using a combination of some books from Sonlight's P4/5 list and Kumon workbooks.

3 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Doesn't it feel good to have those decisions made? Now just relax and enjoy the rest of your summer. ;-)

G said...

Its a great feeling to have everything figured out, isn't it? Hoping you and yours have a great summer!

Robin B. said...

I would like to know how McRuffy Math is working for you. I'm getting ready to buy it and use with my daughter. We've been using MUS but it's just not working. I also noticed you've been reading the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I've been reading them as well. Just can't put them down once I start one.