Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

New School Name

Hello all,

We've had a family meeting and after much deliberation we have decided on a new homeschool name. Matt and I spent some time thinking of what our homeschool was about. We also wanted something that could last us through the high school years and something the kids would relate to. One of their favorite characters in movies and books is Fawkes the Phoenix, the beautiful bird of Albus Dumbledore in the book series Harry Potter. Matt and I also liked the idea that the Phoenix is a mythological bird who when at the end of it's lifespan makes a next of cinnamon twigs and then sets fire to them. The bird and nest burn and from the ashes a new phoenix is born. To me this is somewhat sybolic of the way we readjust our homeschool based on the children. We are constantly evaluating and rising from the ashes of the old into the new.

Remember to bookmark our page. We look forward to the wonderful comments we are sure to receive.

Kel

3 comments:

Paula said...

Love the new name and the blog looks great!

the striped rose said...

The blog header looks great! I think you all will enjoy you new name!

Michele B

Sheralyn said...

Hi. I'm tagging you! I'm from the WTM boards, I've read your blog a bit. I LOVE the new name!!!! You guys look like you have a good time!

If you want to play, see my blog (link in WTM sig) for directions.

Have a great day!!!

Sheralyn (Parabola at WTM)